READ: Job 38. Read slowly noticing the ways in which this poetic account of creation is different than the Genesis 1 narrative and the unique ways it supplements it.
THINK: Think about the following questions, remembering to consider the “why” behind each one:
1. What is your favorite part of this creation story?
2. What do you find most fascinating about the things God reveals about himself in this passage?
3. How do you respond to God as the one who laid the foundations of the earth, the one who made the whole earth?
4. For what part or parts of God’s creation would you have really wanted a front-row seat (for example: a daisy, a zebra, a waterfall…)?
PRAY: Tell God your responses to these questions. What do you think God’s response might be to you?
LIVE: Go for a walk or hike or run in a beautiful place (or if you live in Minnesnowta – maybe look some pictures up online). Notice every single detail of nature that you can, and take pleasure in thinking about the majesty of how God created it.
– Adapted from Eugene Peterson in Solo