READ: Deuteronomy 9-10
THINK: Reread Deuteronomy 10:12-21. Read it one more time, aloud slowly.
– What phrase is most memorable?
– What quality of God stands out to you? Why?
– What command stands out to you? Why?
PRAY: Here are some ways to pray this passage. Use as many of these suggestions as you wish.
– Express to God your thoughts about living in his presence. Has living in his presence been important to you or not?
– Express to God those areas in which you would guess he considers you “heardhearted.” Pause and let this come to you. Don’t necessarily go with the first things that comes to mind.
– Express to God your feelings about the have-nots you know (widows, orphans, foreigners). Talk to God honestly about how willing or unwilling you’ve been to include such people in your life.
LIVE: Experiment with living in God’s presence while caring for the rest of the world. Relax. Quiet yourself. Just be.
– Adapted from Eugene Peterson in Solo