READ: Luke 12. Reread verses 25-34 and pretend that you and Jesus are sitting at a Starbucks and he’s saying these words to you.
THINK: Now pretend you’ve come home from the conversation with Jesus, and you’re going over in your mind what he said to you. Read those verses one more time.
1. What words or phrases jump out at you the most?
2. What do you think Jesus is trying to say to you?
3. In order to do what Jesus said, what are you going to really have to trust for?
– that he’ll do his best for you?
– that by giving instead of getting you’ll still have everything you need?
– that he really is enough and he really will provide?
4. How do you feel about this?
PRAY: Respond to God about truly trusting him for these practical, important matters. Be honest about what you are – and are not – ready to do.
LIVE: Sit quietly before God. Receive from him the idea that he is your treasure. The place where your treasure is, is the place you will most want to be and end up being.
Adapted from Eugene Peterson in Solo